Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Post # 12

Well chaps! What a week it has been in the life of Hull FC. One thing you can never call them is Dull. (There is some person who frequents a certain forum I do that calls us the Dulls. God knows where he lives...Tibet??)
Well it started with defeat at Bradford, so our defence of the Challenge Cup lasted the pace didnt it?? To be fair our performance was much improved, but just wasnt good enough. Then rumours started to fly about our coach, John Kear's, position. It then leaked out that his contract would not be renewed at the end of this ongoing season. Anyway he came to an agreement with the board and has left the club. Now this hasnt really suprised me to be honest. Our results have just not been good enough this season. Although all teams go through bad patches, it was the manner of the defeats that worried me. Also rumours flying about pointed to the fact that John Kear had lost the dressing room. It does seem to me we need someone in the job who could sort out certain lads who like a 'good time' We have to wait and see what develops. Meanwhile we entertain the Leeds Rhinos on Friday. Crikey, cant say I'm looking forward to that. I am hoping the fans will rally round and turn up and support the lads. Folk come and go but Hull Fc stays. The club is the main.

2 comments:

phil said...

im not gonna gloat. i think you have suffered enough lately!!
these so called great fans you have got at hull f c are they the same ones that i work with? the ones that never miss a match and are saying that they are never going again, or the ones that are writing in the paper about voting with thier wallets and never going again? anyway enough of that. i have left a post on my blog if you want to read it and i think you might agree with it. i think the whole thing is a disgrace, how can they let a coach with his experience go and bring in a as yet untried fledgling coach? beats me!! up the robins.

airliebird58 said...

I've left a comment on your blog, saying I wasnt all that suprised. I was expecting the sh*t to hit the fan if we lost at both Bradford and at home to Leeds. It would mean we had won 1 game in the last 6 which you have to agree isnt good enough.
I also said that stories are starting to surface that make the decision even less suprising. I think a major sorting out is due. I hope we get it.
All clubs have fair weather fans, I'm sure you'd love to think all us Fc fans are. Not true I'm afraid :)