Monday, March 12, 2007

ahhhh thats better!!

So it was a good weekend for both of my teams. Leeds ending up 1-0 winners against Luton, and Hull FC getting the win 12-16 away at Huddersfield.
I did watch the Leeds game with an on-line stream, and there was a verve and a bit of go about them. To be honest we should have won the game 3-0 but hey, lets not quibble! Lets see if we can get back to back wins for the 1st time this season, though it will be difficult as we are away at Leicester on Tuesday night.

I didn't get to see Hull FC on Sunday. Sunday away games have been curtailed for me now as I work Sunday nights, so I had to listen on Radio Humberside, and it was hell! Now the commentators are smashing, but they don't really tell you what is going on. (for example which half of the pitch the play is!) Very often you get a lovely description of someone's haircut ended with an exclamation of 'It's a try!!!'
I wouldn't swap em though you know. There's an enthusiasm and love of the game (and the clubs) you don't see often.
Anyway, back to the game. I knew the lads would improve after seeing them trudge off last Sunday. They all knew how bad they where, and Gareth Carvell issued an apology on behalf of the team, for just walking off and not acknowledging the fans after the match.
I did see our tries on the TV, and I was quite pleased with them. We are starting to slowly fire up now. A case could be made that we didn't have enough pre-season games (only 2 as a matter of fact) but I understand why it was difficult. Key players who toured with Great Britain needed a break, and we had a couple of players having surgery etc.
Anyway, Saturday we entertain the Saints, the way they're playing Gawd help us!!!
Of course it could just give them that extra kick up the ar*e!
So, onwards and upwards lads!! :)

P.S
I'd just like to add my congratulations to the Robins for a top performance against the Rhinos. Excellent stuff.
I have to admit this great start is doing my head in though!!
*cheesy grin*

3 comments:

phil said...

dont take this the wrong way it isnt meant as a put down but.....it was only huddersfield, and against a team like that hull, who finished in the grand final last year should be beating the team at the bottom of the league with no points, by more than 4 points! I have heard some bad reports coming from the hull camp by people in the know, things like there is a lack of togetherness in the camp, Lee radford as team captain is hardly on speaking terms with many of the squad, some of the team are arguing about wages etc, willie manus nose was broken by a lee radford punch when half the squad wanted to go out on the razzle in portugal or wherever they were, and the other half said no, we are here to train we are pros and we need to act accordingly, a fight broke out and this was the result, if all this is true then im sorry but team spirit counts for a lot look at rovers to see that, and i think you are right to be worried about saturday, i can see a good stuffing coming up(as i can the week after for us as well)

Mick & Cathy said...

Phil is correct team spirit is so important, sometimes makes the impossible look possible.

However it was a good weekend for a change.

airliebird58 said...

Well none of that has filtered to me and I do have a lot of contacts too. All I've heard is one or two players thought they had to just turn up this season and believed the hype. I think they may have been kicked up the behind of late though, especially on the pitch.
I agree about team spirit, I like to see them talking to each other, and enjoying it when things come off well. I also have faith in my lads, as did the 3,500 Hull fans that travelled to Huddersfield to get behind em.
I'm keeping the Faith always will do! :)