Thursday, August 06, 2009

A lovely moment

I haven't posted much lately as I haven't really had too much to say, but today I have. It's only a little thing but it made me smile.
This morning I went into the kitchen, and a butterfly had got caught between the blinds and the window. I managed to get hold of it and gently carried it outside to let it go. When I opened my hand it didn't fly straight away, but stayed on my fingertips for a couple of seconds so I could look at how beautiful it was. It then swooped high up and away.
I'm not ashamed to say that it got me all weepy for a while. I don't really know why. Maybe its because some of the smallest things in life, that you can take for granted, are the most beautiful. It's always good to stop and smell the roses.

2 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Saw the title of this post and thought it was about Leeds winning their first match, lol

Joking apart I like butterflies they are very pretty.

airliebird58 said...

Ah well, on that important matter, we are going up!
MOT :D