Saturday, December 08, 2007

John Lennon


Another sad anniversary today is 27 years since the death of John Lennon. I remember so clearly hearing the news of his murder. It was on the radio in the salon where I was having my hair styled, and I remember everyone's shock. I had just started dating my husband at the time, and we spent the evening watching tributes to the great man on TV.
How we could have done with a man like John in these past few years of war and fear. Ok he wasn't a politician but he was a leader, and could rally people together. That's what we seem to be lacking nowadays, a leader and a voice of ordinary people.

1 comment:

Mick & Cathy said...

I must admit it doesn't feel like 27 years ago.
I think many people are called legends but John is a true legend. Thats whether you are talking about his song writing or his leadership qualities.