Friday, March 14, 2008

Checking in.

The lads are at home tonight against Wakefield. Hopefully we'll get a win. I won't be going to the game considering my situation at the mo, but it's on TV, so I can shout and bawl at that instead!

Browsing around.....
I've been trying out some different browsers over the last couple of days. I haven't used Internet Explorer for some time, even though the latest (IE7) is a great improvement.
My Favourite browser at the moment is Firefox. I think what clinches it for me is the myriad of add-ons you can use to complement the main browser. One that is very clever and I use it all the time, is called Cooliris Preview. Say you are doing a search on Google and you get your list of links, with Cooliris you can put your mouse onto the link and get a preview of the page. It's particularly handy when you are searching videos on You Tube, as you can view each video in a preview window.
Here's a You Tube video telling you all about it


If you use Firefox you can download Cooliris HERE

The last couple of days I have been trying out the Opera browser. I did like it. It is fast and easy to use. But I have to say I missed the add ons that Firefox has. If you fancy trying out a different browser, go HERE
You can download the browsers I have mentioned at that link and a few others besides.
Happy Browsing!

2 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Technology loses me, if I change anything my PC would stop working..

airliebird58 said...

I've just learned things as I've gone along. I'm ok with software, but if the machine goes kaput that's the Hubsters job. He built my PC so he sorts that side out :)