Sunday, August 03, 2008

State funeral for Mrs T.

I know this was muted about in the news about a week ago, but I was listening to George Galloway's radio show on Talksport last night and it was one of the topics of conversation.
I'll be honest and up front about this, I hate the old witch for what she did to the ordinary working man in this country, and I honestly think a lot of today's problems can be laid at the door of her government. In my view this would be a waste of money!
I read one comment on this and heard another on the show yesterday:
'Never mind a State Funeral, she should be burnt at the stake!' and:
'If she had a State funeral it will be the only one where the gun salute would be aimed at the coffin'
Both very un-politically correct I know, but covers the views of a lot of the people in my part of the world!!

3 comments:

phil said...

i hope mrs T has a state funeral............next wednesday would be nice

Mick & Cathy said...

What a great country we live in, a government that knows how to spend our money on things that really matter.
Of course once they have done it they will have to do it for every former PM, then it will extend down to ex cabinet ministers and so on.

How to keep the people happy, lol.

airliebird58 said...

I sometimes wonder if they farm these things out there to get us to take our eye off the ball. You know,if we're all outraged about Maggie's state funeral, we might forget about petrol prices, fuel bills going through the roof, filthy hospitals etc, etc.