Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The worlds gone mad (again!)


According to my morning paper, 'famous' artist Damien Hurst (he who sticks dead animals in Formaldehyde) has been having a bit of a sell off of his art works, for example this item pictured was sold for £10.3 million, yes you read that correctly, over TEN MILLION QUID! What sort of people buy this stuff? I know I wouldn't want it in my front room!
You know the old fairy tale about the 'Emperor's New Clothes'? Well I would bet that when he wrote the story, Hans Christian Anderson would have never believed how it could be a fable for our times. Certain people say how something or someone is so fabulous, and the sheep go along to not appear out of the loop.
Anyway, maybe Damien is getting in while the going is good, the way the markets are falling right now, there is going to be a lot less idiots about with the money to pay his prices!!

2 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Only £10.3mill I blame the credit crunch, lol.
Joking aside its a total farce, I can't even see how it can be called art.

airliebird58 said...

We're in the wrong game! Where's that Formaldehyde!