Friday, June 09, 2006

Post # 27

Good Heavens above! I'm still buzzing and I've been to bed! What a fantastic performance by Hull Fc to beat Saints and halt their unbeaten record at home!
It was a fantastic win, we won with with a bit of a jammy drop goal (it hit the post and went over) 26-27. Mind you, they say a team earns their luck and by God did those lads earn a bit last night. We got hammered for penalties, especially in the first half. Ashley Kline has gone into my 'numpty refs' book, along with such luminaries as Mr Smith of Castleford, and Mr Ganson of havent a clue where :).
I love going to Saints, you always get a good atmosphere, their fans are ace, and you always see some good rugby although usually we get taken to the cleaners.
But not this time......oh no!!!
Our kid is going to send a dvd of the game, by 1st class post, to a certain Mr Justin Morgan. To give him a few little 'tippets' on how to beat the mighty Saints. (certain bloggers will understand that quip)
Come on you Ulllaaaaaaaa!!!!!!


Just as an aside, today is the start of the World Cup. I wish England well, and enjoy football. But when I think about all the hoohah about Wayne Rooneys foot, and the prospect of seeing countless football players writhing about in agony because of the slightest challenge; I have to say it always fills me with admiration to watch a good game of rugby. They are REAL sportsman!

No comments: