Monday, June 12, 2006

Post # 28

Well the World Cup is well underway. I love this part of the competition, 3 games a day! lol
What is it about this tournement that makes you watch any game that's covered lol. (Well I do anyway)
This could be famous last words, but I have a good feeling about England, I think they'll do really well. I know their 1st game was a bit dodgy, but I just think they will.
The weather has been far too hot for me this last couple of days. I hate it when its hard to sleep. Anyway,the forecast is for it to cool down a little, I hope for once they are right!!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't follow World Cup but I do have the same passion for the NBA and it's championship week so I can relate!

Mick & Cathy said...

I've the same feelings about England this time. I think we have a decent draw and will get better as the competition gets into the later stages.

airliebird58 said...

And women arent supposed to like sport eh Rachel? I always tell my hubby he's so lucky to be married to a woman like me lol.

The only country that has looked pretty good so far Mick is the Czechs. Mind you spain have had a damn good win this aftie. Maybe they will live up to the hype for once?

Mick & Cathy said...

You are correct about the Czechs but I'll be more impressed if they perform the same way against Italy & Ghana.

On another football subject -
Did you watch Leeds in the seventies ?
If yes did you go to home matches on the train ?

Reason I ask is I used to get the train from Selby to Leeds that came from Hull and I knew quite a few fans from Hull back then.

airliebird58 said...

I did go to Leeds in the 70's, but not very often as my Dad and Uncle used to take me as a treat. I seem to remember they used to run a special train from Hull on Saturdays? (Ah, the old days when all games where on a Saturday and the odd Weds eh?)