Thursday, December 07, 2006

Current Bands I love to listen too # 2

Audioslave.
Now I must admit it was my daughter who introduced me to the delights of singer Chris Cornell, he used to be in a band called Soundgarden, a favourite of hers. Soundgarden split, and so did another fave band of both my daughters called Rage against the Machine. They parted company with their singer, so Chris joined the others, and Audioslave was born.
A really GOOD band, you can tell they're all top notch musicians. Lead guitarist Tom Morello, is an absolute revelation, but my heart belongs to Mr Cornell. He could sing the phone book and it would sound fantastic.
This is a track off their first album: Cochise.

2 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Certainly new groups to me never heard of them. I suppose thats the advantage of having two daughters.

airliebird58 said...

I do seem to listen to more stuff through them. Luckilly we like similar music. I do draw the line at Shells Fave tho, a Japanese Indi bamd called Go! Go! 7188 :)