Monday, December 18, 2006

Just saying hello

I thought I'd better do a new post as its been a week now. When I've had the time to do a post I haven't been able to think of anything to say!
Well Christmas is only a week away. I still have some pressies to get, I think that will be tomorrow. I always leave the foray into the town centre until the very last minute. Waiting in queues to be served is the thing I hate the most. My first job was as a check out operator in a supermarket, and I swear we was a LOT faster than a great deal of the assistants now with all their technology! We had to hand ring in every price, and as a result you remembered a lot of them. Now you don't have too. Its the same with the change, you do become very lazy mentally when all the tills work it all out for you.
Anyway, this time next week it will be nearly over........thank God!

3 comments:

phil said...

The city centre has been very quiet this year, there hasnt really been the usual throng of people, i think these new out of town retail parks are killing the town, although saying that kingswood seems to have been quieter too.

airliebird58 said...

Well I hope its quiet tomorrow! We were in town for an hour yesterday to get a couple of things, and the hubby mentioned how quiet it was. Wasn't quiet enough for me!

Mick & Cathy said...

I've a few things still to get so be sure Saturday will be hell in town.