Friday, October 10, 2008

You couldn't make it up. Part 3786 (or something like that!)

The world financial crisis is still all over the news. The amounts of money bandied about are just unimaginable. It's all quite ironic how all the fat cats are having to rely on the great unwashed to bail them out!
Take the UK governments bail out plan. I'm not sure about the correct amount (50 Billion?) they are using to help out the poor little banks, but apparently this is to give them capital to start giving loans again.
So let me get this right....I go for a loan, and the bank lends me public money used to bail them out, and I pay it back plus interest. So, in reality I would be lending my own money and the banks would earn a profit off it!
I tell you what, the only difference between those banks and Dick Turpin is that he wore a mask!

5 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Its certainly mind boggoling, takes a lot of understanding how the banks have been allowed to do as they like and get us in this mess, could almost understand if it happend in one country but nobody has remained unaffected.
Trouble is we've now got to trust the people we don't trust to sort it out.

Reckon another week or so and it'll be worth buying a few shares, they'll be good money to be made. I'm convinced a lot of the panic on the world stockmarkets is deliberate and some crafty people are poised to make a killing.
I saw yesterday Alan Sugar bought shares in woolworths ay 3 pence a share, see how much they are worth 3 or 4 months from now (crafty git).

airliebird58 said...

Good for Alan Sugar! As always the people with money will benefit from all this palaver. I tell you what though, this could be the making of Gordon Brown, if he steers us out of this in one piece!

Mick & Cathy said...

Must say I totally agree, for the first time Gordon Brown is starting to look like a leader, I've been impressed how he has led from the front and taken the bull by the horns.

phil said...

Hiya, im still here you know.....anyway, seems to me the banks are trying to get on our good side. is it a coincidence that today i got a letter from lloyds offering to reimburse my bank charges, first i have heard from them on this matter for about 14 months, seems a little convenient to me.

airliebird58 said...

Ah hello Phil. There's a hell of a lot of advertising for banks and building societies at the mo isn't there? Maybe they should think of saving a bit of money!