Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Big 50

Well this week, you could say, is a big week for both my Husband and I. We both turn 50. He will on Wednesday, and it will be my turn the day after. I've always given him stick about being older than I am!
I'm not upset or anything about reaching 50. Age hardly ever bothers me to be honest. I did have a bit of a crisis of confidence when I hit 40, but 10 years later, I'm just not bothered.
To be honest I'm pretty settled, I don't spend my time worrying about things I maybe missing out on in my life. I have 2 lovely daughters, a Husband who I love to bits, and a wonderful family. OK. there are some things I'd like, just like most people, but when I think about it, they don't really matter.
I think that is the main thing about getting older, things you always thought where so important......just aren't.

5 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Nothing wrong with "50" its been kind to me and I hope it is to the both of you.

Have a great birthday Mandy you deserve it.

phil said...

i think my "crisis" came at 30, when you are in your 20s you are still young but 30 is the start of you getting older, not young enough to be doing daft stuff in pubs and clubs without looking a bit out of place and whats worse starting to worry what others think about you doing it, never really worried about the big 40 but i must admit lately i have been thinking bloody hell im 50 in 5 years time, i can still remember my childhood days and school. where do the years go, only seems 5minutes ago.and whats worse is the fact that it could be possible for me to be a grandad soon (i said possible, but no chance in reality, but my two eldest are 20 and 17)me a grandad bloody hell grandads always seemed so bloody old a few years ago, and i have actually got friends who are already!!!!!!

happy birthday to you and him xx

airliebird58 said...

Thanks very much for your good wishes. I`m sure being 50 wont be too bad. Its just a tad disconcerting to watch the FC or Leeds Utd and youre old enough to be the players mother lol.

phil said...

lol. leeds maybe but dull fc have a habit of signing players old enough to be your brother.ha ha ha

airliebird58 said...

Eh, what you on about? At least our older players look younger, Nick Fozzard looks about 76!
Mind you, I think he will go down well on the Dark Side, my St Helens informant tells me he's a very nice man and has always got time for the fans etc. If this is true, whats he ever done to deserve you lot?!