Sunday, November 30, 2008

Supporting Leeds Utd.

Is a bloody hard job I can tell you! It was a bit of an embarrassment I must admit to get knocked out of the FA Cup by non-league Histon. I'm sure it gave countless others a right laff though. I've just read a post on the WACCOE forum and it sort of covered what has happened to the club in the last four years:
" 2 relegations
2 play off final defeats
administration
receivership
near bankruptcy
-10 points
-15points
defeats in the cup to teams below us like Bury, Hereford, Rotherham...
And now we get beat by a pub team in a village I have never heard of by the fu*king postman...
you could not make it up..."

You could not make it up indeed, but although I was really pissed off after the game, and quite frankly turned the air blue, I have one thing to say...

MARCHING ON TOGETHER!!!!

3 comments:

phil said...

oh heck tut tut

Mick & Cathy said...

Although its dissapointing today, I'm not totally gutted to be out the cup main priority is promotion.

Thought the pitch was disgusting & had it been a Prem match and not on the telly it wouldn't have been played. Think Leeds tried to play & worked their socks off but it just wasn't to be our day. The pitch was a big leveller.

airliebird58 said...

I think youre spot on there Mick. If it wasn't on tv the match would have been called off. I thought the lads worked very hard but the luck wasn't with us. I I DO mean luck. Histon had more jam than Hartleys!

PS. Thanks for your kind words Phil! You wait till the new rugby season!!