Monday, November 17, 2008

Poor Chibi!


I've been looking after one of my cats this week, as he hasn't been very well. Last Monday evening 2 dogs set about him in our front garden. Both where big dogs too, one looked like an Alsation and the other like a Japanese Akita dog. The Hubster luckilly was there and pulled them both off. Both wore collars so it looked like they had escaped from someones garden. It's pretty rare to see strays in this part of the city now.
Luckily I think his long fur saved him as he has some completely bald patches and only had his skin broken in a couple of places. He's had a pretty bad limp, but that is getting better now and he has even ventured outside a couple of times.
I just wish people who want to keep big dogs, would make sure they are secure and do not get out unsupervised. I know dogs don't like cats of course, but I can't help thinking that could have been a child.
I did call the police about the incident, thinking that the dogs could be looked out for, but was just given the number for Hull City Council, of course no one was there, unless you wanted to pay a bill that is...

2 comments:

phil said...

we had a rabbit that was ripped apart by a dog once, this was when the kids were very young and they were heartbroken, is it right that the reason there arent many strays near you now is cos all the immigrants have eaten them?

airliebird58 said...

I couldn't comment of course,lol, but there used to be loads of dogs around where I live, now there are hardly any.
I used to meander down the ten foot to our house many a time and get frightened to death by some bloody dog barking!