Saturday, November 08, 2008

Absolutely Dire!

England lost against New Zealand this morning (yet another lie in bed down the swanny) After going into a 24-8 lead in the 1st half, we preceded to not score another point and went down 36-24. My thoughts on this debacle are in a previous post. I'm even beginning to hope Papua New Guinea miraculously beat the Aussies to stop this shower from getting into the semi finals. (I know, one win and were in the semi's, the tournament has been all but rigged to be honest)
I'll leave this video to illustrate the point I posted about last week. It is Great Britain, (as they was then) and the last time we beat the Aussies, with toughness and a bit of guile.

3 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Think the format is silly and certainly influenced the match, both teams virtually knew they would be playing in the Semi.
Can't understand why the 3 main teams are all in the same group then the minor nations play for who is gonna get stuffed in the Semi.

airliebird58 said...

I feel sorry for Papua New Guinea. They got drawn in their group!

Mick & Cathy said...

Thats true it is a bit tough, they could possibly reached the Semi from the other group.
I remember first seeing the draw thinking it was a bit lob sided and they hadn't seeded it until I saw the format.