Saturday, November 01, 2008

Lady of Leisure.

Yesterday I finished work. I'll miss it because it was more of the social aspect for me rather than the money, but I had to face reality unfortunately. About a fortnight ago I saw my Consultant, and he told me he can do nothing for the arthritis in my knees (ie knee replacements) for at least 5 years, and maybe even 10. So a job standing up all the time had to go.
Fortunately we have just finished paying the mortgage, so have some extra money every month. I'm lucky that way, there must be a lot of people in my position who wont have that luxury.
I'm going to take some time off and have a full Christmas/New Year at home. All my working life I have worked in shops and of course the last few years in a pub. So I've always had to work Xmas Eve, Boxing Day, New Years Eve or Day. Then in the New Year see if I can get something where I'm not on my feet all the time.
We'll see what happens.
I got some lovely flowers a card and balloon from the guys at work, I was very touched, many thanks to them all.

No comments: