Friday, August 25, 2006

Hooray!!



My new monitor arrived this morning and am I glad! Its a smasher and seems so much bigger than my old one even though on paper its the same size. Poor old Jess (my cat) wont be able to sit on this monitor lol!
This weekend Hull FC haven't a game as its the Challenge Cup Final. I cant believe its a year already since we won the cup. It was one of the most fabulous days of my life. It took me a fortnight to get over it, and most of the game I cried lol.
The lads lined up for the national anthem, I cried. At half time, I cried. We won the game, I cried. It was a good job I took plenty of tissues!
Sunday I'll be able to have another look at the mighty whites as I think theyre on TV. Lets hope the lads can serve up a really good performance!

5 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

I'm pleased your monitor has arrived and the mighty whites will win. Its about time we started dominating Yorkshire derby's.

airliebird58 said...

Yes it about time we had a bit of success derby wise. Not too mention that I'm 2-1 down in the running bet I have with the Man Yoo fan that comes in the pub I work in. Only a half pint every league game but it soon tots up! :)

Mick & Cathy said...

Don't worry they hand picked their openers (Charlton, Fulham and Watford) 3 teams that you know will lie down for them. Lets face it thats where their main fan base is.

phil said...

yes i cried too (ba***rds)..............it only took you a fortnight to get over it? bloody hell i still havent got over us winning it in 1980 yet, i bet you cried that day too :O)

airliebird58 said...

Yes I did cry! I took my brother to every round (he was only about 10 then) But was banned from going to the final by my Mam and Dad. So I had to stay and home and look after him while they went! Everytime we got to the final after that something stopped me from going. The last 2 times I was pregnant.
It meant the world to me to get to Cardiff last year and see em win.
I know, I'm a sentimental old fool!