Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Its very quiet.

I havent posted the last few days since I got my new monitor, as to be honest I couldn't think of anything to write about.
Things have been very quiet around here, no rugby for one. We did go and visit my eldest daughter last week. She has moved to Leeds to get ready for starting University. She's sharing a house with 3 other people, and lives a stones throw away from the Headingley Rugby/Cricket ground. (I can pop in when the FC play there!)
Its not a bad house at all, has all been redecorated etc. We'll see how long it keeps tidy! My daughters room was so tidy I took a short video of it on my phone to keep for posterity!
Its quite amazing what you can do on a mobile phone now isnt it? I dont have a posh one by any means, but can take photos, videos and access the internet. While I was offline I could read my emails and even chat on MSN on my phone! I was talking about all this to my Dad (who has just got his head around sending a text) and he was amazed at watching video on my phone. The changes my parents must have seen in their lives!
I was trying to think about how things have changed since I was a kid, the first things that come to mind are microwaves (thank God for those!) mobile phones, video and dvd, and of course PC's!
Oh, and any ladies who may read this may agree with this one.....Hair Straighteners!!! Fantastic invention! When I think about my frizzy hair in my teens.....well, I'd rather not thankyou!

2 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

I've actually got one of them Mobile phones that can actually be used for Phone Calls but not a lot less.
I'm actually hoping it totally packs in and I can get my company to buy me a good one, they will if they want to call me out of hours.

airliebird58 said...

I'll give you a tip, my neice put my Dads in a bucket of water. That sorted it out, no probs, never worked again!