Friday, October 13, 2006

Butterflies!

What a marvelous day it was in Cardiff last year when we won the Cup. It took me a fortnight to get over it!
Tomorrow night we have what is arguably, the most important game in Hull FC's history. One more win, and we're Super League Champs.
By George a lot of folk will eat their hats if we do too! St Helens are a great team, but one team seem to be able to rattle them, and funnily enough that's us!! :)
I have been doing a bit of research about Old Trafford (where the final is to be played) to find out about parking and things like that. One of the pages I read was an away football fans guide, when going to watch Man Utd. It commented that the atmosphere at games wasn't very good.
God help em tomorrow then, that's all I can say!
Come on lads, go get em!
Daniel Anderson*, get your sunglasses on and prepare to be dazzled!

* The Saints coach, thinks he's one of the Blues Brothers :)

P.S. Even if we get stuffed, I'm still proud of my lads. Love em to death :)

7 comments:

phil said...

i was proud of them, they didnt let me down lol.

airliebird58 said...

Well I didn't expect any sympathy. I was proud of my lads, being 2nd in superleague aint bad in my book.
Just think, the Robins will be playing with the big boys very soon
I for one cant wait!

Mick & Cathy said...

Sport is about ups and downs, supporting your team is about loyalty whether they win or lose.

Despite the result I hope you had a great day out and I agree they have had a fantastic season.

airliebird58 said...

We had a great day out. The old man came along and he wore his LUFC polo shirt lol.
We were queuing up at a cash point in front of the ground with MUFC finance on it. I made the old man check to make sure he didn't get charged for withdrawing cash and they didn't! someone in the queue said they didnt want to help pay Wayne Rooney's wages lol.

phil said...

yes you finished second but as we all know second is just another way of saying the first loser.

airliebird58 said...

Oh Phil, you're such a charmer! ;)

phil said...

yup, and i see leeds utd are nearly as consistent as city this season.