Monday, January 29, 2007

A Selfish Mother.

I'm a lucky woman, I have 2 lovely daughters. Michelle when I was about 25 and Kirsty at 27. I know with the improvements in medical care, women can have babies later. I have a couple of friends who didn't start a family till they were over 30. My own sister had a baby at 42. (Albeit it was a bit of a surprise!) I was classed as an old first time Mother when I was pregnant with Michelle. That was 23 years ago......
Today I see on the news a Spanish lady who has given birth to twin boys at an age of 67!!
To me it is the height of selfishness. There is a good chance this woman wont see her boys start school! Who will look after the little ones then? She's a single parent.
I think IVF is a marvellous thing for women who cannot get pregnant naturally. To want a child can be a very strong instinct, and it must be awful when you can't conceive.
Its all very clever that a lady of that age can give birth, but just because it CAN be done, doesn't mean it is RIGHT.

3 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

I read this story as well and apparently she lied about her age to get the IVF treatment, she claimed to be 55.
Its certainly has took her a long time to decide she wants kids,I reckon a newspaper has probably put her up to it.
Its a stupid world at times.

airliebird58 said...

It sure is, I saw on tv that she had lied about her age. I think 55 is too old to be honest, for a Father maybe not, but a Mother I think so, especially if its a 1st child. All sorts of complications can set in.
Its a mad world and thats a fact!

phil said...

id put her in prison for lying and take the kids into care, they will be better off there.