Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Back to the 60's

I few posts ago I wrote about a TV programme we watched called 'Pop on Trial' in which each decade was discussed from the 50's to the 90's, to decide which was the most influential.
My last post was about 50's, so now it's onto the 60's.
I've decided to not choose the Beatles as that's a bit easy to do, but I've chosen a couple of tracks that have always got the old feet tapping.
First is the Spencer Davies Group , and 'Keep on Running'


And the 2nd is a very young Stevie Wonder (I think he was only a teenager in this clip) If you had to show someone what genius is, I think this is a good example. Here he is singing 'Uptight'

4 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

I've always liked the "Spencer Davis Group" and this is one of my fav songs (got it on my MP3 player).
Thats a very young Steve Winwood on Vocals, Spencer Davis is on lead guitar I believe.

airliebird58 said...

I always wondered who Spencer Davies was! :)

Mick & Cathy said...

I think (but maybe wrong) he formed the group origionally and believe he took over vocals when Steve Winwood left in the late 60's.
The Bass guitarist is actually Steve Winwoods brother.

Moby Dick said...

Marc Bolan and T-Rex are a lot easier to listen to, though you made good choices. Kind of sad to see those old vids, especially since some of those characters have not been around for almost 30 years.