Saturday, May 06, 2006

Post # 20

Well I have to gloat about this, just incase a certain blogger looks in.
We beat the Bulls 28-12!
It was a fantastic game, really tough, and a fabulous advert for rugby league. It was a shame Sky didnt cover it. We really seem to have picked up a pace and last night I was very proud to be a Hull fan!!
I also stayed up last night and watched the re-run of the Wigan-Castleford game. Wigan lost again. They're in really deep trouble and I for one cant see Brian Noble turning things around with that lot! Especially when he's picked some of em for the GB training squad, (one hasnt even played this season as well) Which just goes to show what a nincompoop he is. This is a personal view ofcourse, and what do I know? (Nout I hear you cry!!)
What will be more and more interesting is will the RL 'LET' Wigan go down?? I can see some creativeness with the relegation rules in the future. Lets see what happens shall we?

4 comments:

phil said...

i have been wondering about this myself. a certain maurice lindsay is now on the rl board!!. i can see the following scenarios. 1, there will be no relegation and promotion because the winning team in the NL 1 will not have a ground that complies with super league rules, (even if leigh or widnes win it)and these two teams were in super league last year.2, relegation will not be allowed because the super league decide 2 teams from same city not wanted, in the case of rovers. (this has always made me laugh because there are lots of cities represented more than once in there already)3, super league decide that london have not got thier finances in order and they get thrown out so that wigan can stay.
and i cant believe that for another week there is no mention of how bad the ref was in the hull game, oh i just realised you won didnt you, amazing how many hull shirts have mysteriously reappeared again now they are winning again, never saw hardly any the week after the saints game.

airliebird58 said...

Now now dont be catty. Were playing really well. Anyway, I'm in a very good mood tonight with Leeds Utd getting to the play off final. Oh yes, I bet that irritates you a bundle lol. Although Hull Fc are my 1st love, I've followed LUFC since I was 13.
So you cant get my back up today......oh nooooo!!
PS. Ganson was bloody rubbish last Friday, but he was even handed to both teams.

phil said...

why should it irritate me that leeds utd get to the play off finals, i only like to see hull city win because they are my home town team, my real allegiance is to rovers, but i would like to see the tigers in the prem. i was a liverpool fan when i was a kid so i suppose i still support them really, but not so passionate about football now. and before you say hull fc are my hometown team, let me remind you hull city represent all of hull, kr are the pride of east hull.

airliebird58 said...

Maybe I'm mellowing with age, but I truely want rovers to do well and get back up to Super league. But I have to admit, when they loose I enjoy it immensely. Something genetic methinks lol.