Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Post # 21

When I was 13 I fell in love with Norman 'Bites your legs' Hunter, and from then on I've always followed Leeds United. Hull Fc are my first love ofcourse, but if we are talking about the round ball game the Mighty Whites are for me. I tried Hull City, I really did, but I think a team picks you, you dont pick the team, and so Leeds Utd it was.
The last couple of years have I really taken some stick. I work in a pub and the season Leeds were relegated from the Premiership, I'd bet my shirt with a regular ( a Man Yooo fan) that we wouldnt go down. I lost. So what the bugger did was cut my shirt up and placed the badge in a frame with the addage 'Leeds Utd, go down, 2004' Its behind the bar now on the wall.
Yesterday we got to the Play off final to get back into the Premiership.
We win, that bleedin' thing goes in the bin!!

3 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Just remind the red prat your favorite year is 1974 when we won the league and they went down, a great double.
Anyway we are coming back to haunt them after next Sunday.

airliebird58 said...

Ah yes, I remember it well.
One more win and were back, wont that p*ss off a lot of folk!
Mwahahahaha!!

phil said...

looks like the badge is a permanent fixture on the wall.