Saturday, July 29, 2006

Phew!


Isn't this weather just too much?? Is it just me that literally wilts and hardly goes out of the house if I can at all help it? I have fans on all the time, getting to sleep on a night is a nightmare, I've just had enough!
I watch the weather forecast, and check weather sites online for the minutest drop in temperature, I cant stand it! There is supposed to be a drop in temp in N.E. England from tomorrow, I really really hope so!!
What does amaze me is that considering we have all sorts of weather in this country, why is it we're never prepared for any of it? Yesterday there was power cuts all over London because people were using air conditioning, when it snows everything comes to a standstill, and of course in Autumn the wrong sort of leaves on the rail tracks can stop the trains running.
Considering this country is obsessed with the weather and it takes up a portion of most conversations, why aren't we very good at coping with it?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Everything comes to a screeching halt in Alabama when it snows too. Which is rare so probably why we all freak out. Just the HINT of snow last year closed Birmingham down for a day. I must admit, I did not complain about it that day;)

Mick & Cathy said...

Yes this is England. I think its a lot to do with the fact that we don't normally get any long term spells of any type of weather.

This July has been ridiculous (I read somewhere its a record). If it was like this every year we would all have air conditioning in our homes.

airliebird58 said...

Rachel: I'm glad us Brits aren't the only one's who panic at the merest snowflake! Mind you, that could be something you have inherited from the 'old country' something genetic lol.
Mick: You have a point there, this has been the longest spell of any type of weather we've had for sometime, and thank the Lord its cooled down a bit. Its far more civilized now! :)