Wednesday, November 22, 2006

David Bowie

Well the Queen clip took me down memory lane. The other artist my sis and I used to adore in our teens was David Bowie. He was very popular in Hull particularly as his backing band, The Spiders from Mars all hailed from Hull or the surrounding area.
My favourite album ever is 'Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars' I never tire of it, and like it says on the album itself it is 'To be played at maximum volume'!
Anyway, here is a clip of a live version of the very last track on the album 'Rock n Roll Suicide' Absolutely Ace!

8 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Again like Queen I don't mind Bowie although don't claim to be a big fan. I've got a greatest hits album on CD though.
Saying that I do have 5 Bowie songs on my MP3 player (Rebel Rebel, Changes, Heroes, Ziggy Stardust & Lets Dance). It may be coincidence but I have 5 Queen songs also (Killer Queen, Don't Stop me now, Crazy little thing called love, Seven Seas of Rhye & We are the Champions).

airliebird58 said...

Hello Tim. thanks for dropping by, Cyril Takayama is the biz isnt he?

Mick: I'll have to get myself an MP3 player :) In the future I'll post some clips of bands I enjoy nowadays, see if we agree :)

phil said...

suicide? pity bowie didnt take his own advice.

airliebird58 said...

I dunno, you can be a happy chappy Phil lol

Mick & Cathy said...

Don't get a expensive MP3 player I got a cheapy from Argos £45 IItronics 2GB one. I've got just under 500 songs on it and its still not full.

airliebird58 said...

Thats a good price, I'll have to have a look at those. I'm not one for labels, whats the point in paying 2 and 3 times more just because its an ipod!

phil said...

i hate any music, i couldnt tell you any record from the last 5 years, or group. i didnt go to my wifes 40th birthday party cos she was having music, if we have a party at home the stereo remains off. ive got a 10 cd changer in the car and the only cds its ever played are dads army and steptoe and son.the radio is tuned to talk sport and it occassionally goes to radio humberside for the news sport and soapbox.

phil said...

and i dont know what an ipod is, seriously.