Friday, February 16, 2007

News and stuff.

Just for Phil I'll comment on Hull FC's 1st game last Sunday. I didn't get to the game as I've been struck down with a bad cold again. By all accounts we were dreadful. But that doesn't worry me too much as were always slow starters.
Onto tonight.
Hopefully the lads will have had their butts kicked by our illustrious coach Mr Peter Sharp. I can't see a run away win like we had last year. The first half demolition of the Rhinos was a sight to behold and the real turning point to our season I think.
Apparently it has been raining all day in Leeds (just like here) so that might curtail any fancy stuff.
I think we have the team to get the points though, tune into Sky Sports 1 at 7.30 for the game. K.O. is 8pm.

Onto other news. My eldest daughter got really good results in her 1st year exams and has a place to go to Kumamoto University in Japan for the 2nd year of her degree. She's very excited and has been in email contact with someone she knows who is there now. All the reports are great!
Kumamoto is a city about the size of Leeds and is found in the south of Japan. Hubby, Kirsty and I are all hoping to visit her next year so it's going to turn out to be an adventure for all of us!

Wednesday was a very sad day, it being the Funeral of one of my parents closest friends, Babs was our Auntie in all but name really, and we all loved her.
Times like this really make you think about things, and seeing my hubby has been abroad working this week, I've been on my own a lot so its been a bit of a tough week.
Anyway, God bless you Babs, hope you give em a chorus of Old Faithful upstairs in the 'Big Mans' house. xxx

2 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Well I'll have to sit on the fence for tonights match as I like both teams.
Japan is supposed to be a really nice country I reckon when you get around to going you'll love it.
Its always a hard time when friends pass away, its tough imagining not seeing them again.

phil said...

well done to airlie jnr. good to see one of your family has brains!!
sorry to read about your loss, my auntie died a couple of weeks ago, although i hadnt seen her for about 15 years or so it still hits you.