Sunday, February 11, 2007

Old Faithful

Before I start, congrats to Rovers on their win yesterday against Wakefield, kicking them off with their 1st Superleague points! They're a bit rough around the edges defence wise, but I cant knock them for effort.
Anyway, Hull FC are back today as I mentioned in an earlier post. I've come down with a hell of a cold, and I think I might have to miss today's game! I'm not very pleased about this, but I am at work tonight and sitting out in the cold wont do me much good I guess.
I was doing one of my searches on YouTube and someone had posted this, its from grand final day last year, in the Beer Marquee at Old Trafford, and someone caught a rendition of 'Old Faithful' (the Hull FC club song) on video. I thought I'd post it to mark the beginning of the season!

7 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

I remember the Hull fans singing this song at the Challenge cup final at Wembley in the eighties. Its a good song.
I hope the cold clears up, it'll be no fun working if you are under the weather.

airliebird58 said...

I must admit to being a bit fed up of feeling crap, I seem to have gotten one cold on top of another, and the knees have been playing up too, so I'm full of the joys of spring lol.
Did you know that old faithful was a hit in the 30's for Gene Autry? Apparently it was 1st sung to a kicker called Joe Oliver, who was so dependable they sang the song to him, and it evolved with the words slightly changed. When you get a full crowd signing it, it makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck, I can tell you!

phil said...

i know a different version lol. typical drunken hull fans they should all have been ejected from the marquee, i hope it had a licence for public performance

airliebird58 said...

Say what you like Phil, but its better than singing 'when the red red robim comes bob bob bobbing along' sounds like something from the circus, mind you, goes with the type of rugby played up at craven park eh?
;)

phil said...

catalan made clowns of you lot didnt they lol

airliebird58 said...

We always start slowly lol

phil said...

are we not going to see apost about dull fc's first super league game, you were so looking forward to the start of the season, surely you cant let it go not commented on