Saturday, February 17, 2007

Top 5 Fellas!

Last night I was listening to the radio to a phone in, and one of the light hearted subjects that ran through the show was peoples top 5 men or women in the public eye.
Anyway, to cheer me up a bit as I still have a cold, Hull FC lost and for other reasons I mentioned in an earlier post here's my top 5 fellas in no particular order:

No 1. George Clooney is far too handsome for his own good really, but he seems witty, intelligent, the whole package. There must be something wrong with him, most probably supports Man Utd, or Wigan RLFC something like that.
No 2 is Keith Olbermann the US newscaster. I first saw Keith's show 'Countdown' (where he counts down the top 5 stories of the day) about 3 years ago. Shown nightly on US cable, we used to get his Friday night show on CNBC in the UK. I've always been fascinated with US politics, and became a regular viewer. Unfortunately CNBC decided to show infomercials instead, and I'm now reduced to watching clips of Keith online. A really witty man with a great turn of phrase, he's recently become famous for his 'special comments' mainly criticising the Bush administration. Something not many people dare do to often in the US media it seems.
No 3: Jon Stewart is the host of the US 'fake' news show 'The Daily show' now shown in the UK on More4. He makes me laugh especially with his very iffy impressions of President Bush and Dick Cheney. I've always thought that a great leveller for our so called rulers is to poke fun at them. Jon and the Daily Show can at times be inspired.
No 4. is shamefully old enough to be my son. As I have mentioned my daughter is into all things Asian, and has got me watching some of their romantic drama's. They're really not the same as over here, very sweet where kissing is a big thing lol.
Anyway, the 1st one I watched was called 'Full House' and one of its stars was a Korean singer/actor whose stage name is 'Rain' He has one of the most lovely smiles you could ever see, that's why he is on my list, purely looks lol.
No 5: Is ex Hull FC forward and Huddersfield coach Jon Sharp. I have had a bit of a 'crush' on this man for quite a few years. I think it all started when he scored a hat trick against Rovers (no mean feat for a forward!)

Of course although I admire all these fellas, none of em can match up to my dear husband, even when you consider the RL team he supports!

4 comments:

phil said...

Very suprised!! i thought id have been at least number 3, ah well i suppose i must be at 6.

Mick & Cathy said...

I reckon the last paragraph is only there for diplomatic reasons.

I can't ever imagine us men making such lists !

airliebird58 said...

Actually its true, I wouldn't swap any of them for my old man.
There's nothing wrong with admiring the flowers, you don't have to pick them and put em in a vase do you?
:o)

Meow Meow said...

Just dropping by. YOu came over to my place a few weeks ago thought I'd return the favor.

Clooney is ok, but I read he really is a pompass ass in person.

Enjoyed the pics~