Thursday, November 22, 2007

Ok, a word about England......

Well, what a load of old hogwash the game was. There was no fight, too many players just seemed to think they were having a kick about at the local park! (I do exclude Peter Crouch and David Beckham from that comment) Steve McClaren just wasn't good enough for the job, and I've always been of that opinion right from the off.
We need someone now with stature, who can inspire respect and maybe even a little bit of fear in the 20 or so millionaires that make up the England squad.
I'd go for Jose Mourinho. But then the bloke isn't daft. According to the BBC news website he has ruled himself out already.
Who will want to take on the poison chalice this time I wonder...........

Confirmation came today that we have indeed signed South Sydney Rabbitohs captain Peter Cusack, whilst showing Hutch Maiava the door for 'gross misconduct'
In a way i'ts quite a relief Hutch started to misbehave off the pitch, so we could get rid of him without (I believe) paying up his contract. He has to be honest, been a disaster. I saw him have one good game (the home win against Saints last season) and that was it.
Tara Hutch, forgive me for not waving you off!

4 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Very well put couldn't agree more with what you say about England & McClaren.
Some of our players are built up in the media as World Class when they are not. World Class players perform on the big occasion ours do not.
Crouch to his credit isn't the best in the world but always gives max effort, can't fault him.

As for a new manager Mourinho would be a good choice but personally I think the manager should be English. Saying that not too many names spring to mind.
I also think been a good club manager doesn't mean been a good national manager it is a totally different job.
I could go on forever on this subject but will stop now.

airliebird58 said...

If I was being really mischievous I'd stick 'the miserable git' himself Roy Keane in to sort em out. They'd all be scared to death of him. Also, when things start to tale off, as they do with all England managers, we can give him a good slagging off! :)

phil said...

i said a while ago maiava has got to be the worst overseas signing that either team has ever made and i stick to that statement, as a rovers fan i am gutted to see him go!!!!!1

airliebird58 said...

Ah, nice to see you back Phil.
I have to agree about Maiava. The thing is though is that he CAN do the job if he wants too. His performance in our home win against Saints last season was fantastic. But that's all he did do all season. Seems to me his head isn't on straight. He just cant knuckle down.