Monday, November 05, 2007

Just a quick post.

I thought I'd better post as its been nearly a week since my last update. To be honest things are pretty quiet here. RL season has finished, although a big well done to the GB lads in winning the test series against New Zealand!
Leeds Utd had their first defeat of the season away to leaders Carlisle on Saturday. I suppose it had to come sooner or later, and at least it was against a good team. I hope the departure of Wisey's no 2 Gus Poyet to Spurs hasn't unsettled things too much.

Usually at this time of year there are loads of rumours about who we (Hull FC) maybe signing, but it has been very quiet. Until today. There are reports we are talking to Aussie forward and Desperate Dan lookalike Willie Mason. That would be a fantastic signing, but I'm keeping my powder dry on this story.
The other whisper is we've signed NZ Warriors utility back Todd Byrne. So I think it's matter of watch this space!

1 comment:

Mick & Cathy said...

Shame Gus has left for Spurs, on current form he may be back at ER in the championship next season.
I reckon Bertie Bassett is a shrewd move he is experienced and knows how to get teams out of this division.
His contract is only for this season but is part of a long term plan, I reckon its all to do with grooming Alan Thompson to be Wisey's next assistant, we'll see.