Friday, January 18, 2008

The quiet life.

Things are very quiet here of late, nothing much has happened, and to be honest that suits me down to the ground!
Shell is back, and its like she's never been away, her bedroom looks like its been hit by an earthquake as per usual!
The RL season will soon be upon us (thank God). The lads have had a couple of pre-season friendlies. There has been a few scares injury wise already, but that's power for the course, every team has to put up with that.
It seems to have been a very long close season, it hasn't been any longer than normal of course, just seems like it!

We've been watching a series of programmes on BBC4 recently, about pop from the 50's to the 90's and which decade had more influence. Seeing I was born in 1958, I sort of span all those decades, so I thought for a bit of fun I'd choose a song from each one that has a special memory for me.
Today will be the 50's. As I just made being born in the 50's, the song I've chosen just made the 50's too, 1959 to be exact. My uncle used to sing this to me as a little girl, I cant remember it of course, but I have always known all the words to this song (and that's even before the Young Ones version!)
Here's a VERY young Cliff Richard and 'Living Doll'.

4 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

And I thought we only saw Cliff at Christmas & during Wimbledon.

airliebird58 said...

Looked a bit different then didn't he? Apparently about the age of 5 I had an almighty crush on him. Mam took me to the cinema to see 'Summer Holiday' There's a part in it when he falls into a puddle or something....I was inconsolable so she says! lol
I have to add though the crush didn't last! :)

phil said...

best pop programme for looking back was the rock and roll years, i think ive got most of them on video somewhere.

airliebird58 said...

I remember those, used to be on BBC 2 didn't they? I love watching old music footage. You tube is an absolute wonder for finding stuff. I've whiled away many an afternoon just going from one search that follows to another and another.
Shame about the Sith getting their warm up game today cancelled. You'll only have the one now b4 the Leeds game wont you?