Monday, May 19, 2008

Going, going gone.


Hull FC coach Peter Sharp has left the club with mutual consent. I feel sorry for the bloke, because he worked really hard, and had some terrible luck with injuries. But it has to be said that he didn't seem to be able to adapt the team to a situation like you see with other coaches. I wish him the very best of luck though, and will miss 'Sharps soundbites!



Just a word about Richard Whiting (on the right of the pic) who sadly broke his leg at the game against Quins yesterday.
Now the bad luck that has plagued Richard this season, sort of illustrates the luck of the club as a whole injury wise. Rich broke his arm in a pre-season friendly, he's been back about 2 weeks, and broke his leg in the last minute of yesterdays game!
I have always rated Richard from the first time I set eyes on him (I'm also a bit biased as I once got one of the most loveliest of smiles from him after a game!) He has great ability and a good rugby brain. I wish him a full and speedy recovery, the injury is by all accounts a very bad one.
Best wishes Richard!

4 comments:

phil said...

i feel sorry for whiting, he can say he has given an arm and a leg this season for your club, hope he recovers soon

airliebird58 said...

He's a smashing lad and does a lot for the club off the field too. There's been good news about Horney today too. I hope they both recover ASAP we need em.

phil said...

whats the odds agar gets the job full time, if what i have heard is true dull fc are in shit street finance wise and i think agar will prove to be the cheap option, personally i think he will do a good job.

airliebird58 said...

Well I dont know where you're hearing that as we're coining it in at the mo, thats why the board couldn't give a toss what the fans think. I'd give him a shot, but I think someone has been lined up already to be honest. Steve Folkes is looking a good bet, at least he's played for the club, and knows what a sodding madhouse he'sll be getting into!