Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Well done Kirsty!


My youngest daughter Kirsty handed in her last essay yesterday. so she's finished her degree! She has worked so hard and I'm very proud of her. We're pretty sure she has a pass, as marks are built up over the course, but will have to wait what sort of pass she has. If it is a good one she has a place to start a Masters degree next year.
I left school at 16 and didn't have the chance of further education. We had to get to work and start bringing money in. So I'm proud that both my daughters have had the chance. One thing that is scary is the amount of debt they both are in with student loans etc. I have posted before how much a disgrace it is that my girls are in debt for trying to educate themselves, if they lived in Scotland, their University education would be free.
We have to invest in our future, saddling young people with thousands of pounds in debt just for trying to do better for themselves, and as a result, bettering the country as a whole, is just wrong. We have plenty invested in the 'no goods', who can't be bothered to work etc don't we?

4 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Well done to Kirsty.

What you are saying is exactly what a few of my friends who have kids at Uni say, it is a disgrace. The Scotland problem makes me laugh funny isn't it how the main politicians in our country are Scots, yet they have their own parliment.

phil said...

the sooner we get independence for yorkshire the better!! well done lass i hope the marks reflect the work put in and good luck

airliebird58 said...

I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about how the English in reality finance all this stuff. Independence for Yorkshire, what a good idea!!
Onto the investing in all the low lifes, when I think about it it was even the same when my girls where at school. The bad kids had special lessons, where allowed to smoke and have a cup of coffee. I am lucky to have 2 clever lasses and the schools wouldn't give em an inch. Of course good marks push them up the school tables. But my point is my lasses noticed that the bad uns got 'better' treatment. It seems to happen all through society now.

phil said...

i heard on the news a few months ago apparently some "twaggers" and the like were going to be allowed to attend school when they wanted to (at their convenience) even on a night if it was more convenient to them, not sure of the full details of this scheme but something along them lines, seems we have given up and raised the white flag.