Thursday, May 01, 2008

A year on.

There has been a lot of coverage in the last day or two about Madeline MCcann case. It's quite amazing that it's been a year since she went missing. I didn't see the documentary that was shown on TV last night, but I've listened to conversations on radio about the tragedy.
And a tragedy of massive proportions it is. I wouldn't wish what that family have gone through on anyone.
BUT,
I was listening to an interview on the radio with the documentary maker yesterday, and she admitted she had left her young children in a hotel room whilst she and her partner had been having dinner in the restaurant.
Now I don't you about you, but I NEVER left my children on their own. I just didn't get out very often when they where little, and when we went on holiday we stayed in of an evening. This isn't a holier than thou comment, but it's a true one. Not only was Madeline left alone, but her younger brother and sister where left alone too! A lot of people forget that point.
I hope to God that little girl is found safe and well. The MCcann's made a terrible mistake, one that will never leave them.

5 comments:

phil said...

I was tempted to type they got all they deserved but i didnt actually mean that,no one deserves to lose a child, but, im sure you know what i mean. I also heard they were swingers and were across there with a group but i cant say if this is true so will let that lie right now but if it is true, how often and for how long were they left on other occasions, no parent should leave a child alone while they go out. ps have you signed any good scrum halfs lately?

phil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
airliebird58 said...

There'll be a lot more to come out about this I think.
Actually, my old man said that Justinio has denied it, and although we were interested a week or so ago, didn't end up making an offer. Now Motu has a long term injury and Byrne will have to go to full back, Matt Sing will be needed, and it was he who was going to be released for any aussie signing this season.
We'll see what happens shall we??
Good luck on Sunday, you will need it!

Mick & Cathy said...

Hi Mandy,

I'm still away but just taking the chance to catch up with a few blog friends.
Just heard the arbitration result, reckon we've been stitched up. Listen to some of the other Clubs change their tune after saturday and realise they have to face the team that earned automatic promotion on the field in the play offs.
We'll have to start looking forward to wembley.

airliebird58 said...

Hiya Mick, I was disappointed but in a way expected it deep down. When have Leeds Utd ever had anything off the football authorities??? Chairman Ken but it in a nutshell: 'If that was justice, I'm a banana!'
This will kick us on, and just think how sweet a win at Wembley will be!!!
Hope your having a great time!