Monday, September 04, 2006

Busy weekend.

Well. Number 2 daughter came back home yesterday, a month after daughter number 1 moved out again. Gawd, the stuff she's brought with her!!!
When for the 1st time both my daughters had left home, about a year ago it was, I was really depressed, thinking that they wouldn't need me anymore. But no, they keep coming back. At least my youngest didn't bring a pet with her, like my eldest did, Chibi the cat is still here!

Hull FC scraped out a win against Le Catalans this afternoon 26-12. The first half was very poor, but we had a much improved 2nd half and pulled away for the win.
One more win either next week at Warrington, or the week after at Wigan, will see us finish in second.
Then the fun stuff begins!

6 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

I think all mothers get depressed when the kids leave for the first time. Sometimes it actually brings you closer together.

On another note why have we had to wait all this time for a photo ?

airliebird58 said...

Ah, the photo. Well when I first started this blog I did use a pic but it was a couple of years old. I dont have many pics taken you see. So I started to use an Avatar I use on some forums.
Recently I bit the bullet and took this pic on my webcam. So there you are lol.

phil said...

my lad went to see the catalans game, i was really hoping at half time i could mock him about a defeat, but then i looked at the rovers scoreboard and thought id keep my mouth shut!!!! still we managed to craft a marvellous win in the second half and you were bloody lucky

airliebird58 said...

Ofcourse we were lucky, I'm hoping to be lucky all the way to Old Trafford and the Grand final!!
Just like we've blagged it all the way to 2nd in the league ;)

Rachel said...

My mother had a firm rule - once you moved out, you did NOT move back. She'd help us with rent money or groceries but that was the rule.

I think it's neat your daughters can move back in with you.

airliebird58 said...

Maybe I should have had a rule like that Rachel, because if you saw Kirstys room, you wouldnt say 'neat' lol. It looks like a bomb has hit it!