Friday, April 27, 2007

Right thats the end of that then!

Well it's official, Cooke has signed for Rovers.
I think we have been fleeced, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask! That cheeky git of a HKR Chairmen, twittered on about bringing 'East Hull' lads back to Rovers. OK then, we sign em on at 16, teach em the game, nurture em, give them a chance, then we let em bugger off to Rovers!
I was pleased to see Rovers get into Superleague, it was good for the City, I'm married to a Rovers Fan, and I was glad to see him happy. But the weeks events has just shown me what they are, the enemy, the Dark Side, the Sith!
They'll get no support from me from now on, you can call me petty, but it's how I feel after all this!
One thing I will say is I hope our 'professional' board of directors have learned a few tricks after this.
That's it now, on to tomorrow and a win at Wakey!!!
Come on you Hullaaaaaaaaaaa!

Marching on Together:
I really big day for Leeds Utd tomorrow, we need to win at home to Ipswich.
I hope the Gods smile on us tomorrow, the club has taken a hell of a kicking the last few years, hopefully things will change from 3pm Saturday!

4 comments:

phil said...

did you hear the press conference at rovers? started by hudgell saying "we are pleased to announced we have secured the SIGNATURE of paul cooke" its just a pity hull never, none of this would have happened then!!

airliebird58 said...

Now I was thinking about this, and its just supposition of course. There was a real chance of Cookie being sent down last year, maybe Hull FC would have had grounds to sack him, but maybe they wouldn't. That would explain why the contract went unsigned.
It still doesn't make old stinky boots look any better though does it? I'm sure all the time he was 'injured' earlier this season, he took his wages.
He's a swine, and now Rovers have him, and to be honest they're welcome too!

phil said...

i thought you were a leeds fan? was that a typo in your blog when you said we need to win at cardiff? did you mean against ipswich, or are you really a city fan in disguise?

airliebird58 said...

ooops, it was a typo, corrected now lol