Friday, September 14, 2007

Anime Central

For many years I have been a fan of Japanese anime, That's animation in case you didn't know. Anime isn't all like the cartoons you get on kids TV here, although some of it is anime. For instance Pokemon. But it isn't all for kids. Every genre is covered, thriller, detective, comedy, sci-fi, even 'adult' stuff, which I have to admit is a bit much for me! lol.
Anyway, we've had smatterings of it on UK TV here and there. The Sci-Fi channel showed some and it fizzled out. My first encounter with Anime was on the old Paramount channel , before it changed to comedy.
Both my daughters enjoy anime and have always wondered why it hasn't got its own channel! We see the Wine Channel, Wedding Channel, Holiday home channel, but no anime, which at least would be as popular with viewers as the ones I have just mentioned!
Last night though, our prayers where answered. Anime Central started to broadcast on Sky. (channel 199)
A fair bit of it can be lots of robots and slaying monsters with big swords, but some of it, could stand up in quality to anything you can see on TV.



Of the series being shown on the channel at the moment I would recommend is 'Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone complex. It follows a special intelligence unit called Section 9. Some are not all they appear though!
If you're bored and want something different to watch on TV, try a bit of anime, you may be pleasantly surprised!

1 comment:

Korona said...

Hello to you.

I love this show. My favourite character is Togusa. I can't single out any particular episode, although my favourites are the Complex ones. I'm yet to see 2nd GIG although will order it any day now, I think.

What other anime do you like?

My name isn't David, by the way - it's Jeff. I don't have a Blogspot account, my brother does, I hope he doesn't mind me using his.