Sunday, September 09, 2007

Well, well, well!

What a fantastic sporty weekend for Airliebird! First Hull FC went to Leeds Rhinos on Friday, and beat them quite comprehensively 17-6. The turnaround in form was quite spectacular. To be honest I think they owed us all that performance after the comedic debacle of last Sunday!! What was good to see is the amount of fans that travelled to support the lads. A lot has been said in the press about how many walked out on Sunday before the end of the game, and to be honest I didn't blame any of them for doing so. It's a way of registering a protest. But the main thing is each game is a new start and Hull fans are famous in how they back their team through thick and thin.
Congratulations to Hull Coach Peter Sharp on winning the manager of the month. He's taken a lot of flack from some fans but I've always liked the cut of his gib. I have said this before in earlier posts.
People are talking about a Grand Final appearance again. It will be very difficult as no one has ever got there from 4th. We can beat anyone on our day, so who knows!!

The 2nd part of my great sporty weekend came yesterday when the Mighty Whites completely overturned the -15 penalty imposed on us by the Football League. We beat Hartlepool Utd 2-0 with goals from the prolific Tresor Kandol, and an absolute peach of a goal from Jermaine Beckford.
Now the playing field has been levelled out so to speak, lets really get down to business!!!
Well done to Wisey,and the lads. Keep up the good work!!


Finally, I'd just like to wish all the best at the start of the NFL season to the Oakland Raiders. I don't know a great deal about American Football, but do enjoy it and for some reason I've always had a soft spot for the Raiders. Sadly I wont be able to watch their game against the Detroit Lions on TV as I'm at work, although I might just catch the end of the game.
So I'll just say 'Go Raiders!!' :)

2 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

I think we'll put it down as a good weekend.

airliebird58 said...

Sadly the Raiders didn't win after a really good comeback to lead 21-20 after being 17-0 down, ah well at least I managed to see the end of the 3rd quarter and all the 4th. :)