Friday, October 19, 2007

Into the Void.

Yes dear readers, it's the time all us of The Faithful dread, the close season. My God I hate it! By the time Christmas is over I'm starting to twitch! There doesn't seem to be any new signings on the horizon either, but then Hull FC are very good at keeping things under their hats! I know there's the big union game on tomorrow, and good luck to England of course. But blimey o'riley, you cant compare League with union, its like the difference between cashmere and an oily rag!
Of course I now can concentrate on the Mighty Whites. We are away to Brighton tomorrow. I'm hoping for a good performance as although we've been getting the right results, we haven't played all that well the last couple of weeks. Oh OK, I'm moaning I know lol.
I'm also able to follow The Oakland Raiders a lot more this season. Sky are showing loads of games on a Sunday and if the Raiders aren't on there, I can get them on an internet feed. Consistency seems to be a problem for them. They can have a fantastic spell, and then fall to bits. Considering I've only been following them a couple of years they seem to be falling into the perfect pattern of airliebird teams, Awful depths, but fantastic highs!!
On the personal front things aren't too bad. Shell seems to be doing pretty well in Japan, and keeping very busy. We are definitely going to go over there next year, it will be some initiation for me as I have never flown before!
My youngest daughter Kirsty has just started the last year of her degree at University and seems to be doing very well. She's just moved into a new place with her boyfriend, it's a very nice big place.
I know this against everything I believe in, but I'm going to try and get some exercise and get some weight off before we go to Japan. Swimming is the only thing I can really do as it is low impact. That is the only kind I can do considering my arthritis. Anyway, after Christmas/ New Year, the pub I work in is being re-furbished, so I'm going to use the time off to good effect.
I'm actually a lazy bugger, but it will be to my benefit in the end wont it?

4 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

But just think how lucky you are not so many years ago Rugby was a winter sport so both ran in parallel and your summers would be boring.
Now you can follow a sport and one of your loved teams all year round.

Talking Football another poor performance, another clean sheet, another win, another 3 points and into the top ten, hell I'm getting good vibes.

Mick & Cathy said...

I should have said don't worry about the flying its fine and not as bad as you expect.
You usually get some films to watch and if you're with a decent airline you'll actually have your own telly in the back of the seat in front with a choice of films.
They usually feed you and I find the meals ok.
I always take my Mp3 player well loaded up with songs though.

One Tip get a window seat, new travellers usually opt for the aisle. With a window seat you can rest your head against the wall (they provide a pillow) and get some sleep. I always find with the aisle seats everyone going by to the toilet usual knocks you keeping you awake.

Its a long flight for a first but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

airliebird58 said...

Our defence is holding up well,we're scrapping and getting the results. Of course our great goal difference is starting to help as any teams who are on the same points are nowhere near us!
You're right about the winter rugby, it was absolutely freezing at some games!! Our old ground, The Boulevard, didn't have cover at the ends as well. Although sometimes I miss the old place, I don't think I'd swap the new place and the summer rugby now!!
Shell flew with Japan Airlines and the only thing she didn't like was it was too hot on the plane. A fan will be in my bag methinks :)

Shelly Woo said...

An try and get a seat at the front so you have room to get out to the toilet... We had a random guy on the end of our seat, and I ended up sitting and holding it in for a good 5 hours because there was no way I could get out because the others were asleep!!