Saturday, October 06, 2007

Yet another win....

.....for the mighty whites, what a fabulous season this is turning out to be! It's exactly what happened to my rugby team Hull FC, things got so bad it looked like the end of the club, then it all turned out fantastically well!

I had a long chat to Shell today, she seems to be settling in really well. I must admit that has put my mind at rest a bit, to be able to talk to her properly.
She hasn't got an internet connection in her room yet, so I thought I'd put some credit onto Skype and call the landline phone in her room. I put on €10 (€11.50 with vat) and got straight through. We chatted for 45-50 minutes and it cost just about a euro which is fantastic.
Of course, chatting PC to PC is free, but I was really impressed with using Skype and recommend it to anyone making calls overseas. You need a decent broadband connection though, a headset/microphone or a special handset that you plug into your usb port.

She sent me a photo of a sticker on her loo, which asks gents to wee seated! I'll post it here as I found it pretty funny!

You obviously have to point your baseball cap the other way too! :)

5 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Just got back from the match, the atmosphere was fantastic, the late late show sent everyone home happy.

If us blokes Wee seated we'll forget to leave the seat up and irritate you ladies, lol.

airliebird58 said...

The atmosphere sounded great on the radio. We really will have to try and get to a game. Someone on WACCOE forum recorded the '15 points' song on MP3 so you can use it on your phone. If you'd like it I can always send you it by email,let me know.

phil said...

are all the loos in japan see through?

airliebird58 said...

Hahaha, I never thought of that!

Shelly Woo said...

Theyre not see through, but they definitley are special!! I went to one toilet and it made a loud water noise while you sat on it to mask the sound of your own peeing, then it automatically sensors when you stand up and flushes itself!! Amazing, the toilets here. Well, when you don't come across a Japanese style squat toilet anyways... eep!