Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sometimes the rumours come true!

We have signed Aussie international Shaun Berrigan on a 4 year deal. I'm absolutely delighted about this signing, as it might entice other top players to the club.
Shaun is primarily a hooker, so I would think he has been brought is as a direct replacement for Richard Swain, who leaves at the end of the season.
Now on an entirely female slant, the lad has a twinkle in his eye, something I always look for lol.
Now lets hope the next good bit of news will be about Shifty. Apparently he has 'obtained' a German passport, so is off quota. (The Quota is a limit the RFL put on the number of foreign players that can play for each team) There are also rumours about him coming over this season! Oh my word, I'd give up chocolate for a month if it was true!

2 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

A German with a Aussie accent called Shifty and thats classed as good news ?

airliebird58 said...

Sounds a bit of a mix doesn't it? :)
If you have a min though download this short vid from here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0WISN3L8
Its a short compilation of Shifty.
You'll then know why I like him :)