Friday, July 06, 2007

Airliebird Banned!


No, not me, but the Hull FC mascot Airliebird (a toy depiction you can see here) has been banned from the Derby game on Sunday by the Sith.
Now why they've done this is beyond me. Rufus Robin (aka Darth Maul and the Sith mascot) was welcomed to the KC with open arms, as where their cheerleaders. I reckon its to stop one more of the followers of the Light Side into Craven Park.
I think this is an outrage, and hope the Sith reconsider this diabolical decision forthwith!!
On to the game. With the 1st proper scrum half in place for what seems like aeons I think the lads will sort out the Sith ............The Revenge of the Jedi indeed!
Come on you Hullaaaaaaahhhh!!

Here's The Who performing the song Baba ORiley. It's the music that the lads come out to at the KC. It seems ages since I was last there!

4 comments:

phil said...

silly decision, absolutely ridiculous...........now we have covered the signing of matty head i will turn to the banning of airliebird. im ashamed to be a rovers fan this morning, how can you ban a stuffed bird? what trouble could this cause? the two of them added to the atmosphere at the kfc. even the fans of the other team laugh along with the antics of the oppositions mascot, how can you get angry at a bloody stupid bloke in a bird suit?

phil said...

with me being away on holiday i have only recently found out about about domic and mc menemy leaving. did i see somewhere domic is injured and wont be fit for a while cos if he isnt im suprised we havent gone for him, even til the end of the season.

airliebird58 said...

He was injured yes, hamstring if I remember correctly. there was a few whispers about him finishing the season at Rovers, but that seems to have fizzled out.
apparently the Engage Super League mascot is there too, dunno if that has anything to do with it. Bloody petty though if you ask me!
Actually he's (airlie) quite a nice bloke, our kid knows him. :D

Mick & Cathy said...

What a pathetic decision I don't know how people can even suggest banning mascots.
I would have loved to see the who concert.