Thursday, July 12, 2007

A tough couple of days.

My Father in law collapsed with a stroke on Monday and is gravely ill. Hubby hasn't had a lot of sleep since then. It looks as if it is going to be a waiting game for him to pass on, as the Doctors have said there's nothing else they can do.
As I mentioned in earlier posts we were due to jet off to France tomorrow, but of course this has had to be cancelled. There will always be other holidays.
It's a funny thing but as I've got older I've become more and more to think that when we pass on its the beginning of a great adventure. I'm not religious one jot, but tend to believe we're here to learn things, then we go on to the next class so to speak and start a new lesson.
I wish my Father in Law a good journey, and hope he can still watch his beloved Hull KR from wherever he goes.

2 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

My thoughts are with you, your hubby and of course your Father in Law.

airliebird58 said...

Thanks for your good wishes. My Father in Law is comfortable and even opened his eyes today and had a look around, so that was a positive for everyone :)