Friday, May 11, 2007

Ok, I'm tagged.

Apparently, I've been tagged by Whiteroseboy to name my favourate 7 albums and 6 singles. I cant carry on the tag I'm afraid as I haven't got that many blog friends (well the ones that haven't been tagged already lol)
The main reason I pick a fave album is that I love every track. It's quite normal to like most of an album, or 3 or 4 tracks. But it's pretty rare to find albums where every track is fantastic.
Here they are in no particular order:
Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - David Bowie
Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy - Elton John
Jollification - The Lightening Seeds
Songs for Swinging Lovers - Frank Sinatra
Twelve Stops and Home - The Feeling
Sheer Heart Attack - Queen
The Color and the Shape - Foo Fighters

My top 6 singles where a lot harder to choose, so I'm just going to put down the first six that came into my head:

Come Back Around - Feeder


Queen Bitch - David Bowie


Don't Stop Me Now - Queen


Someone Saved My Life Tonight - Elton John


God Only Knows - The Beach Boys


Golden Days - Mario Lanza (I'm not sure if it was released as a single, but it always reminds me of my Dad, who is a great Lanza fan)

5 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Some inspired choices here get stuff.

Point of note I've been in town this morning and Woolworths have got some get deals on CD's. I assume Hull as the same deals.
Two I noticed may interest you Mario Lanza Greatest hits - £2
Best of the Beach Boys - £2 or £3
But loads of order good offers I got a Blues album various artists and The best of Rod Stewart £5 total for both.

Mick & Cathy said...

That should have said Great Stuff on the 1st line.

The only track you name that I have on my Mp3 player is Don't Stop Me Now (plus 4 other Queen tracks). I also have 5 Bowie songs and a couple from the Beach Boys.

airliebird58 said...

you get a lot of good deals like that in Asda too :)
Glad you liked my choices!

phil said...

rod stewarts greatest hits? i bet thats not a very long dvd

airliebird58 said...

I tell you what Phil, you'd be surprised. He goes back a long way does Rod!