Sunday, May 06, 2007

Revenge of the Sith

The Sith won yesterday at Cardiff 10-14. They deserved the win on the day I will admit. We on the other hand are just not getting it together. We have no direction in attack. I would have put young Thackray in at scrum half with Richard Horne at stand off, but then what do I know. I'm just a 48 yr old housewife/barmaid who has only been watching RL for 28 years.
We have a bloody good side, a great back division, and good forwards. The one glaring omission is a organising half back. I understand it will be hard to get one in mid-season (the most galling thing about Cooke's defection I think) so I would give the young lads a chance, Thackray and Tommy Lee, (when he is fit) We have enough experience in the team to look after them both.
Then we can maybe have 'The Return of the Jedi!' :)

3 comments:

phil said...

seemed a bit silly to me to put an off half at scrum half, a loose forward at off half and leave a scrum half out (who, incidentally had a brilliant debut)but like you say, what do we know? and then to not even have thackeray on the bench just incase things didnt work out, seems to me like mr sharp might not be the saviour all the dull fans were thinking last year.

airliebird58 said...

Well I'm prepared to still give him the benefit of the doubt. A lot aren't though and rumblings of dissent are starting.
We didn't bother to replace Jason Smith, put all through cookie and its come and finally bitten us in the arse!

Mick & Cathy said...

Check my blog you've been tagged girl.