Thursday, May 17, 2007

Too much peace and quiet.

Actually, I like peace and quiet, and don't mind my own company. I'm getting a lot of it lately though. The Hubby has been working away in France the last couple of weeks. My eldest daughter lives in Leeds, and my youngest hasn't been over for the last week or so as she is in the midst of exams at University.
I've always been used to the hubby working away, when the girls where little I was on my own a lot, but they kept me busy, and there's the nub of the matter. Now there is just me and the cats!
One thing that really comes into its own at times like this is the net, and text messages etc. I can keep in touch with everyone in a way I couldn't have as little as 5 years ago.
What a great thing technology is!
Right, I'm off to watch the rugby on TV! :)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! How neat is that he is working in France?! That sounds so exotic and "cool". A little peace and quiet here and there for us womenfolk is nice to have. I'm kind of down tonight though due to financial situation so I'm trying to keep busy to keep my mind off things. Crying doesn't help the situation but I do feel a little better. Okay, I'm being a downer. I'll go find something to do!

airliebird58 said...

We all go through bad times, and sometimes it feels like there's no light at the end of the tunnel. But things DO get better, and they will for you. Keep your chin up girl, us ladies are the toughies! :)

PS, The hubby is quite happy, as he's found an Irish Pub!! lol.

Mick & Cathy said...

I agree technology is great, I love using the internet it opens up a complete new world.

airliebird58 said...

Well when I think about how many people I have met online that I would never have otherwise, that one thing alone makes it a marvellous invention. :)