Friday, August 03, 2007

A chance against the Saints?


Tonight the lads are away at Saints. Now I've never tried to hide my admiration for the Saints team and the fans are top drawer. I'll never forget when we beat them in the 2005 Challenge cup semi final, all along the road where the coaches where parked, they lined the sides of the road and clapped us FC fans as we all walked down. I saw many a look of amazement on the faces of policemen that day!
In recent years we haven't got a bad record against them. They have only beat us once at the KC (for some reason they just don't like it) and of course we famously beat them away last season by a drop goal from the infamous Paul Cooke. But they got their own back in the Grand Final!
No matter how good they are, we seem to bother them, I don't know why it is but we do.
We haven't had a good season so far, and right now we have quite a few key players out. The Young lads that have come in have been fantastic, and as I've mentioned before, the signing of Mathew Head seems to have made a hell of a difference. There is a spring in the step, our form has made an upturn (4 wins on the trot now) and they seem to be enjoying their rugby. Maybe its because I'm a woman, but I look for those things. How the lads talk to each other on the park, how they celebrate tries things like that.
Anyway, I have a sneaky feeling we are going to do it tonight. (Famous last words!)

Oh, and good luck to the Sith, they have a massive game tonight away at fellow relegation struggler's Salford.
It will make the hubbster very happy if they win.

No comments: