Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Yorkshire Day



Today is Yorkshire Day.
Maybe I'm old fashioned, and maybe it's the way I've been brought up, but I've always felt very proud and blessed to have been born in Yorkshire. I'd say even more than being English or British.
There are some rough areas in our county, there definitely is in Hull! But just a few miles drive away we are blessed with breath taking countryside. I think maybe parts of Scotland can only compete with it.
They say Yorkshire is 'Gods own county' Sometimes it seems to be true.

3 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Happy Yorkshire Day, I reckon you're right and we do quite often relate to our county over our country.

Meow Meow said...

Very sentimental post. I enjoyed reading it.

Came over via Sir Mick.

airliebird58 said...

Thanks for visiting meow meow. I guess where Yorkshire is concerned I am very sentimental :)