Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Things going on at the mo.

I just thought I'd do a post about general things that are going on around me at the moment.
My Father in law is still doing pretty well. He's taking proper food now, all those drips etc have been taken off. After the 1st week since his collapse, when we had about 3 serious scares, he seems to have stabilised and is getting better every day.
The Hubster is doing well, he hasn't had a lot of spare time since his Dad fell ill, so The Sith (Hull KR) doing ok in the relegation battle has cheered him up. :)
My eldest daughter is gearing up for her trip to Japan, sorting our flights etc. What she has found hard is finding a part time job for a bit of pocket money. You would think there would be loads of summer jobs around but apparently not!
My youngest daughter is about to move into a new flat with her boyfriend. She has been staying at his place for some months now, but he shares with a couple of other guys at the mo. So from Friday they'll be alone! He's a bit of a fan of tropical fish and has quite a few tanks. Luckilly the flat is very large and they should all fit in!
I'm plodding along at the moment. My arthritis has been pretty bad the last few weeks. Luckily I have an appointment with the Consultant next month so hopefully I can get some more injections sorted.
Where I really don't know how to go is with work. I only do 8 hours a week, but it is getting harder physically to do. I enjoy working in the pub, I have a great boss and some good pals there. In a way its a bit of social life. The money I earn isn't much, but it pays for going to rugby and having my hair done, little things like that.
I would miss it if I left of course. We are closing down for a refit in September, so maybe I can make a decision then.
Well, that's about it really. Don't worry, my next post will be about the rugby as per usual! :)

5 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

I'm pleased your Father in Law is showing improvement, but I can imagine its such a stressful time for your family.
The Daughters are really growing up its good but I bet you feel a little sad, you'll always think of them as kids I'm sure.
I'm sorry about the arthritis it does make life tough, my mother has suffered for years had new Knees, hips, the lot.

airliebird58 said...

It is a busy time. Hubby is at the hospital every night as he is now back at work and most of the weekend.
Well my girls aren't babies anymore and thats a fact! Shell is 24 on Friday.
Sheesh! Do I feel old!!

phil said...

hello, im back. glad to see your father in law seems to be pulling through..............oh by the way its a new blog ive got

airliebird58 said...

Hello stranger. I wondered if you might be starting another blog when your other disappeared. Will have a look out for it :)

Meow Meow said...

First, thanks for stopping by and giving me your thoughts on ROmeo across the street. I need all the help I can get.

I am sorry to read about your arthritis.I hope you find some relief sooner than your scheduled doc appointment.

I think you should keep the job. You could have a HUGE tipper one evening...plus the socail aspect has to healthy!